The team at VANA continues to assist members in all aspects of their businesses, as well as develop new business opportunities for our members.
- ACCC Tabcorp – Tatts Merger: VANA has recently received the latest correspondence from the ACCC regarding the proposed Tabcorp/Tatts merger. The notice includes information such as ACCC’s preliminary views, issues unlikely to raise concerns and timeline. If you haven’t read it yet, CLICK HERE
- Penalty rates update: VANA members are reminded that the decision relating to Sunday penalties has not come into effect yet, and the FWC is yet to determine how these rates will transition. The FWC is likely to favour a four-step transition, commencing on 1 July 2017.
- Bpay launching on Nparcel network: Customers are now able to pay their bill at their local Nparcel Newsagencies. It is a great way to increase store foot traffic and expand your services to your customers.
- VANA Member Visits: Having joined the VANA team end of last year, our member services officer Heather has been busy meeting with lots of members. Recently Heather has finished her first regional trips and visited many members in Wimmera, Shepparton, Gippsland, and other country areas.
- VANA Website: Currently the VANA IT officer Adit is working on developing a new member’s area on the VANA website. We are hoping to create an improved member’s area with modern look, easy navigation and up-to-date information.
- VANA Events: The planning and organisation of the 2017 VANA Industry Awards Night is well underway. Many impressive nominations have been received and a judging meeting to select the finalists and winners will take place next week.